Thursday, September 22, 2011



Exploration of some freebies and revisiting old fave place...Ville d'Aquitaine

Today I was out exploring. I started out following a updated LM for [.nordari.] home furnishings. They have some great modern yet earthy decor with light clean lines.A little shabbe' sheeke, a little contempo comfort. A little freebie section at the location I went to. Lamps, curtains,kitchen cabinets, antique TV, bird cage, picture frames.
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Atomic%20Island/228/92/23

I went for a little walk around.They have the sim there landscaped very nicely. The sprinkler on the lawn gives a great realistic effect.I saw some great curtains in one of the other shops, well the curtains led me to NotsoBad. I have been there a few times and have a nice little skybox from them that came free with their subscribomatic group. They do awesome texture work on their builds, amazing light and shadow effects. The curtains were rich billowing sculpted drapes backed with sheers of such life like fabric you want to rub it between your fingertips. http://slurl.com/secondlife/NOTsoBAD/14/127/25

At NotsoBad I took a stroll thru the Truth District shops on the otherside of the sim. Darling colonial village atmosphere. EarthStones has a little kiosk there with some hair decor I hadnt seen before in their mainstore. I came to a little clothing shop called LeeZu!. Some fresh designs in sweet fabrics. I jumped over to their mainstore and found a Sale area with some nice free gifts. And they come in folders so no unpacking to try immediately. Among them, beaded necklaces in 23 colors,Some lilac sandals, gold wrap around bangle for both arms,some wild stockings in several colors with cuff prims,a pink gown and a forrest green long sleeve shirt with prim cuffs. Their style here is for the more funky in general, although I did find many of their items adorable. The stockings were def funky. I liked the beads the most. But the other items in the room are worth a look. Cute babydoll dress is some different textures for only 50L. Many textured halter tops for 10L. Some interesting rolled up jeans with a knitt cuff at the bottom that seems to hold up the legs for 90L.These I think are for the more punk dresser. But I can say they are kinda cute and have a nice belt and come in 3 styles. (Disclaimer: I am not a fashion expert. I am just reporting my finds and opinions. So I may not know what some styles are called. Sorry:)) So that's in their Sale room, but the rest of the store has some great fashions at very reasonable prices. http://slurl.com/secondlife/LeeZu/152/230/24

My next stop is a place I had on my mind this morning. I want to revisit and see if it's still there and just as lovely as I left it last. So after a quick stop home for some more appropriate attire (a kindof Victorian womens suit from Pixel Dolls, one of my fave stores I will visit again soon, called Timepiece matched with black knee high boots wrapped in a satin ribbon tied off in the back from Coco) I jumped over to Duché de Coeur.
This place is one of the elite of SL. I am one who likes to be able to double click TP, and am annoyed when I can't, but this place makes you want to walk:) Aristocratic living, sophisticated design in landscaping and technology.A horse drawn carriage system with authenic sounds of hooves on cobblestone, comes to pick you up at the many transport stands and delivers you all over the many regions of villages, markets, galleries and residences.

I am at Ville d'Aquitaine in Duché de Coeur now,realistic 17th/18th century French village. Lovely place to immerse yourself in SL. Period music can be heard in the distance, possibly coming from one of the apartments over the quient shops. The tucked away coartyards and stone tunnel walks tug at you to explore. Here I found a little free market area with a few nice gifts. 18th century gown reminiscent of "Heidi" from Chérie Design House. What appears to be a very nice men's colonial outfit from Le Grenier du Chateau ,fine purveyors of period luxury clothing. Duche Chest with Planter from Satragius Inc. A few nice art pieces and frames.

My brother,Az, dropped by and took a short ride thru the residential district with me. High class, high price living here.(He ofcourse was not properly attired as usual) The expanse and atmosphere here tho gives you what you pay for. http://slurl.com/secondlife/Languedoc%20Coeur/143/141/35
The above LM will take you to a point where a carriage kiosk is. After sitting on the carriage, if you click the footboard you will get a menu for locations to go to. If you go up the stairs to the west you will find a beautiful ballroom and chapel where weddings are held.

The dancefloor is a enchanting gazebo made by Alchemy Immortalis, who also happen to have one of my favorite sims. I have this gazebo and have actually used it for a wedding in the past. They build lovely home decor, buildings, jewelry,etc. They have two Midnight Mania boards that always have awesome stuff in them. One is in their mainstore http://slurl.com/secondlife//161/120/28 ,and the other is in a section called Alchemy's Attic , http://slurl.com/secondlife/Alchemy%20Immortalis/87/56/73 , in the upstairs of the cottage across from their amazing bakery that gives real recipies for their creations..mmm maybe visit there tomorrow:)

No comments:

Post a Comment