Wednesday, October 5, 2011

UTOPIA

 I was in the middle of a tiring day, full of projects, when my dear friend Wind (check my inworld profile to see what he's all about:), of Windmaster Productions, sends another project my way...I am always glad to help people and enjoy a challenge. It was just a  t shirt promoting a sensual Bohemian group called Utopia, but clothes making is not my expertise. I was able to collaborated with very helpful creator, who I will share with you later. In the process, I was invited to take a tour of the group's center and consider membership. An open minded hippie group....I'm there:)
 I was greeted warmly by the group members. Hugs all around. It occurred to me I haven't had a good hug in SL for a long time. Wind's hug animation always molests me,lol. While the group leader gave me a tour, someone else made us tea. I was made to feel right at home. Not just welcomed in a "business as usual" way, but in a truly kind and relaxed way.
 Their meeting place is a rambling Victorian arranged with interactive socialization in mind. Open minded sensual connection may be the center of this groups activities, but it does not seem to be their entire focus. They are working to create a well rounded hub of activities and information. My tour guide informed me they have a writer's discussion group and she is working to create a database of vegetarian information.

  There are many social areas inside and outside that are comfortable, inviting and interesting. I enjoyed the yoga mat , yet my favorite was the Sacred Stone Circle. As we sat around the campfire, the group leader shared with me that it was her desire to create this place for herself and others to learn and explore alternative lifestyles that they possibly can not live in RL. The sense that I got here, that was different than other alternative lifestyle groups in SL, was a sense of friendship and equality. I sensed  no drama, no agendas or posturing. The conversations were so engaging I have plans to return tomorrow:)
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Bolton/169/150/23
 Thank you Wind for thinking of me:) This little visit changed my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment