Saturday, October 15, 2011

All Roads From Primal Prim Lead Home

  I set out this morning for the October Fling Fair.From 15 to 22nd October, 45 merchants are displaying their wares in this fall marketplace. All merchants will have at least one 30L item but some have more. Free gifts galore besides a hunt going on. So far I see mainly roleplay clothes and decor by some great designers. Torvis has four 30L items, including a working sword, bow and some hot silks and panther ware.
 Go low on the prims or you will be draggin. So I decided to stripped down to some elegant silks by Lilyanah Demar, who used to be the proprietor of The Great Serve. Was a wonderful store but she has gone on to open a baby clothes shop called The Velvet Closet, which sounds very decadent. But dont try what I did.Changing there; your clothes might not rez very fast, but the lag was gone! LOL So I jumped home to my changing room. No you cant have the link to that:)
 Things must be hoppin at the fair because the region is full, so I will take a little detour to a shop I have been wanting to tell you about. My brother, Fin Walpole's,  shop Primal Prim is a wonder of prim work. He created, before its time, 1 prim statues of David and Venus. He has since updated them to change size and texture. Even a naughty version after much harassing from others in our family who will go unnamed...at this time.

A work in progess that is also quite remarkable is his 1 prim avi. She is still quite ugly but Fin's taste is good, so I am sure she will be gorgeous when he is finished with her. And of course there's the commercial building he built for me long ago. This open concept flower design is only 50 prims for a 64 sq. meter building. Fin does exceptional texture work; always perfectly detailed.




Elvina Ewing has this building for her store, Caverna Obscura .
She has made considerable and interesting changes to it. She has turned it into a giant tree!
It's positively charming. As are her clothes. If you take the convenient teleporter to the freebie section, you get a great view from the dome, and can also get some free pixie hair sticks and check the lucky chair.
Her designs are fea-ish Elvin, for the most part, but she has a selection of medieval and Victorian also. My favorite is the Serende Gown, which both myself and my alt own. It is completely romantic and whimsical with its handkerchief cut layers of silk.   And if you haven't been able to find some good quality elf shoes, this is the place.

 I just checked the map to go back to the fair and the region is still full. I bet the girls of Gor are tearing the place apart to find those awesome hunt finds!:) Well, me wearing silks is the stuff of SL legend, so I will go home to change and hit the fair later. And speaking of home, I finally completed my long work on my first house released in SL. I am quite infatuated with it:) There's more pictures on the marketplace if you would like to have a look. It's an Arabian villa made of pearl marble as downy as an angel feather, as soft as a pink rose petal on your lip and as plush as a baby blanket. And of course the texture is perfect; Fin made it!
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Angel-Island-Oasis/2783004


Just a "honorable mention"...this blog site is awesome. My Page closed and its saved all my work by itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment