Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Moon The Earth and the BOSL

Ok I said I would tell you about BOSL..but I will save that for the end because so many other things have come accross my screen today.
The last thing was a notice from Glimmer Moon owned by my friend Dancer Glimmer. (Has locations in SL and Inworldz)
Its like antique hunting, a stroll on the boardwalk, meandering thru gardens, flea market finding and a little bit garage sale all in one! Dancer Glimmer, is a accomadating and generous creator.
You can preview her stuff at her blog.
http://dancerglimmer.wordpress.com/2011/05/14/glimmer-moon-warehouse-second-life/

Her new releases are always by the front door at rock bottom prices. I am not a big Halloween fan but she has a dead drunk that is helarious. My picture does not do this place justice.
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Masan/208/122/36
I have many of her creations in my home. I love her style and creativity. And they are always copy/mod. She has many ornate 1 prim mirrors, detailed antique dressers, adorable garden decor and precious nic nacs. Some of my favorite pieces are the round davenport pictured above, big straw sun hat on a painted rack, the red cabinet..if you search out on the houseboat you can find a version of it full of nic nacs:) Today I bought a lovely Asian fan for only 50L. If you enjoy treasure hunting you will have a ball at Glimmer Moon.

  I also recieved a group notice from EarthStones Jewelry. Their mainstore is a resplendent log lodge. (Has locations in SL and Inworldz) Their inventory here abounds with semi precious stones, unique tribal and native designs. but also elegant pieces fit for princess' and brides. The group gift right now is a silver and turquoise bracelet. And as with many of their designs, they offer them in women's and men's. Next to the customer service counter on the left is shelves of exclusive group gifts . A Marquessa Diamond set, blue beaded peace bracelet, Chrysoprase necklace, Malachite ring and Sunstone necklaces for men and women. That alone is worth a teleport! http://slurl.com/secondlife/EarthBound/76/116/28

 They say October is gothic jewelry month and in honor of that they have released a unique amulet collection for the gals and guys ,with a favorite piece, slave bracelets. The new release I find particularily breathtaking is the Gypsy necklace and earrings set.

Their group gifts are generous, but the abundant eye candy makes you want more. Another little perk for groupies is their Stoners Lounge. The TP door is on the right of customer service. Up here they have past group gifts at seriously reduced prices. Their notice had so many sales and gifts in it, its best if I give you their website. http://earthstones.wordpress.com/
They have a stall set up at the Jewerly Fair also. In their little gumball machines they call Gachas they have a precious stone bracelet that is so life like makes you go "OOOO" and its only 75L!
7 different possible stones and a tribute to the awesomeness of EarthStones owners, 50% of the proceeds are going to Oxfam charity. (applause)


My next few group notices take me back to BOSL. Best of SL I stumbled across one day, something to do with a great bag. They have a radio station and magazine. They had a amazing shopping sim that was a total European shopping experience. I thought I saw something about them moving so I will check on that as I go along here. At the radio station I found alot of information about BOSL, what events they are involved in, radio shows, contests. They give you a ultra modern sleek radio to take home as well. Plus the magazine kiosk is right across from it.
BOSL has been around since atleast 2008, concieved by Frolic Mills. They do honestly encompass the best of SL, but the most visual componant is fashion. To be more specific, what I call "Runway" fashion. And to be real, some of that stuff most of us dont wear on a day to day basis. We do want hot designs but generally our street clothes dont match abstract art. Dont get me wrong, high fashion is art. But I am a Monet fan, Picasso not so much. Even so, I have seen some of the best designs ever in SL thru the BOSL group notices. I will show you some I saw today. But first we'll take a little jaunt over to Couture Blvd.
When you hit the strip here your surrounded with free gifts from the merchants. The grandour of the city is like going to Times Square. I will give you the highlights, cuz trust me this can take all day. Violator, fine leather goods, gives a free jacket. Indra Originals, pretty pretty, gives a snake skin clutch, plus 50L sale on a soft pink polka dot babydoll. And I spy my weakness for white in the corner for only 200L and I get out quick!
Zuri Jewelry has fun and delightful adornments. There's a 25L sale on a lovely emerald & diamond bracelet and the MM board has a low target of 20. Jewelry By Jake tho is a favorite of mine to shop for gifts. Especially the mainstore at Christmas time. Be sure to join the group now if you want in on Chritsmas special and group gifts. He has built some enchanting carousels and darling bridal collections.
SF Designs has cultural formalwear. Dress kilt and Prince Charming uniform. But my favorite piece is their casual white chambray shirt with rolled up sleeves. DD Style put some sweet pink BCA boots for 50L out on the curb. And "AAWW" we come to Utopia. saby Clary's clothes are so stunning it takes my breath away. I own several of her designs but its never enough. Her men's and women's formalwear is to die for. The best thing about my ex husband was his Utopia Black Mustang suit. Down at the end I come to snowpaws. Their apparel reminds me of delicate flowers. She seems to use alot of organza and it is divine. Her styles are so soft and sensual,you picture yourself sitting in a window seat gazing thoughtfully on a quiet eurpoean hamlet and the breeze blows the curtains across your face and you are a picture of loveliness. (hears that screach of the violin record suddenly stopped, shakes her head) Well it might not do that for everyone,lol. You can grab a LM to her mainstore here and find LOTS of sale, reduced and lucky boards there.

As I approach the gateway to the Renaissance Galleria I hear a chorus of angels sing. This place is a world class shopping experience. The first time I was here I thought I died and went to Milan. The center of attention is the park and the wedding chapel. A wedding here would be splendid!

As evening comes, take a moment to sit and enjoy the night lights of the city view from the harbor, between Gizza and Nicky Ree

So back to the office now to unload that great bag I got at BOSL radio and check out what came in the mail from BOSL today.


" I N D Y R A   O R I G I N A L S
                                                     http://indyraoriginals.wordpress.com
   
 
                                   Fall 2011 Couture Collection -  Release :  "Sudi" collection" 
                                                             
                                                             Beautiful Botique.
_________________________________________
"DNR Resort Collection in Abstracts 2011"
(Designing Nicky Ree)

Her Satin Shine gown is free right now in Lime and Pink
and they are PRETTY! And if you ever wanted to try out a catwalk, she's got one here!
_________________________________

"Last Train to San Fernando Collection now in SL
The long awaited SL capsule collection of the RL Last Train to San Fernando Collection is finally here!
Launched at yesterday's Divas BOSL Fashion Week Showcase for the top designers in SL, the collection stunned audiences with its haute couture wearablity which Meiling is famous for in RL.
Check out the Vicarious Fashionista Blog to see the top models in SL and a most amazing set... wish we could do that in RL!"
http://vicariousfashionista.blogspot.com/2011/09/last-train-to-san-fernando-is-running.html

One of the summer collections I checked out here was mostly to edgy for me, but a few of these are doable.
 Ode to Matura Dress is a adorable pinafore style dress
 Ladies who Brunch Dress is easy breezy beautiful
And on the center table a free canvas tote and bandana.

____________________________________________________
If high fashion is not your thing, theres a great hat shop, Mad About Hats, across the street. You can find just what you need for the Champion Horse Races.

No comments:

Post a Comment