Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Loordes and Ladies, The Color of the Day is Pink


 This morning as I am sitting at my desk, drinking coffee, watching the cranes out my window. (no not RL, yes I live my SL like that:) I get a BOSL group notice from WOMENstuff seeking a blogger. I thought,
" Huh, I blog about virtual worlds, this could be nice." So I follow the info on the notecard and head over there to get the free gifts for the test blog. I take them home to check some out right away.

 The first gift I opened was from Loordes Of London. One shoe comes out of the box....I shake it to get the other shoe out.....but it's just one BIG shoe. I look for the re sizer, because this shoe is just to cute not to wear! "Sit here"...that's different for a shoe. It's a sitting shoe! Great patchwork clog with many great poses. I must go to this store and see if they have novelties or the other shoe to this pair!

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Highland%20Meadow%201/78/178/23

 I choose, out of their 4 locations, go to the flagship store suspecting that's the most likely place to find my other shoe.I find it on the south wall and you're not going to believe this...50L! In 25 colors. I buy the adorable  Ari Rose of dusty rose and floral stripe with a soft pink insole.

  Across the room I spy  a tweed boot obviously imported from Ireland. Such fall comfort I just needed to wear them. And they were 50L as well! I scanned the walls and they were all 50L! I thought, I better contact the creator before I report this price. I messaged  the very gracious and friendly, Maja Signa AKA coleen Macarthur and inquired. She says she generally prices them all at 50L in consideration of her clients in this economy. I said, "How nice of you." as I pile more boxes in my cart. LoL.

  After a nice chat I got back to checking out the rest of the store.
  And OMG. Purses, bangles, doe skin,cowhide and mink coats!
  I didn't get paid this week so I just bought the spotted grey doe coat for 50L... Next to those, some bag & shoe, purse & coat, boot & belt sets for 75L...can you say DEAL. (One set is only 50L..come and get it:)

 Across the way is another store owned by Maja, STORAXTREE.Let's check it out. There's an adorable Tabby cat greeter  playing with her ball, that almost got me distracted to go find her creator, Mike111 Miles. Here's her marketplace link tho.:)
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Cat-Mina-CMC37-CommandControl/920271







The style at STORAXTREE is modern to minimalist chic, comfy-cozy furnishings. Here to, her prices are more than affordable. I mean, a whole, appliance included, animated kitchen for 125L.One I really like is, My Private Room, but I call it the blogger bed. (pictured above right) A surround storage captain bed, with a great "working on laptop" pose.Only 75L. But here is where Maja shows some inspiring creativity. The Ivy Urinal! 7 classy colors and 50L:). (pictured right)









 I finally get home to try on those Ari Rose clogs. And they are just as sweet on the feet as they look in the picture.Now what am I going to wear with them.... I pull out some more of the outfits from WOMENstuff I got this morning. Hm. Ruca Tease   fuchsia Satin Pea Coat. (pictured right with the Ari Rose clogs) Matched up with some black pants for a sleek look. This jacket has terrific texture detail. And in my opinion, great textures can go alot further than prims often times. Ruca Tease carries women's and men's casual fashions.
   They are on board with the holidays and you can grab some free Halloween decorations around the store.
I am getting a message in local chat that there's a haunted house on the roof and a 10L sales area upstairs..I will be heading up there. I carefully cam up top to peek at the haunted house. Yep it big and creepy for you Hallowed Eve fans.
 
As you go up the stairs, to the left is a MM board. And I am hittin' this! Cuz it will match
 my new shoes too. Pretty In Pink,(pictured left) zipper tee and pink plaid skirt, and, kudos on their progressiveness; it's MESH.On the right is the men's MM. Right now they have a well made sculpted jacket and jeans with prim cuffs. Both have a low target of 50. On the back wall I find the free gifts. Next to the fuchsia Pea Coat, is the men's Pea Coat in green...I am trying it anyway:) A variety of cute outfits here for 10L, all worth more.

Their downstairs sales area gives a new meaning to "basement variety" . They have kids furniture to curio cabinet/mantel fireplaces. Pet supplies to panorama sky boxes. Good stuff to see here. I will be back for the fireplace:) Tucks the landmark into a furniture shopping folder for another day.
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Grand%20Haven/73/159/1370



No comments:

Post a Comment