Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mesmerizng Mansions and Rock Star Residences in a Small World

 I am at the most amazing prefab home store right now. Envision. Mesmerizing mansions and rock star residences. First class designs at every turn of the winding halls. The style is mainly modern with touches of art deco and a pinch of craftsman. These sprawling estates are so elegant I found myself dreamily exploring ever inch...on foot! (I often cam from outside) The media room in the Imagination Mansion is impressive, but the dining room and master suite of the Sunrise House are outstanding! Ok...I doubled back and to hit the newest home The Richmond...if the media room in Imagination was impressive then The Richmond's is a knock out! Another awesome feature is that almost every building has auto open doors, which should be the
standard in SL by now.
 All the furnishings are sold at Envision Decor shops also.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Envision%20Ave/107/134/25


  Envision also has a progressive new HUD to transport you around the sim. They are only the second business I have encountered this feature with.
   And when you need refreshment after all that touring theres a bistro..with working shopping carts! LOL. Mine must have had a stuck wheel cuz it took me a minute to get control of it. Outside the store they offer a Rez~a~Bike for transportation and couples poseballs for walking together as well.(something I have often said I wish more places would think of having.)
I did a bit of digging for more info as I usually do and in talking to the courteous  Niecey Heart, one of the designers at Envision, I discovered that owner,Ray Hoffman, also owns Vision Restaurant. Which I have had the pleasure of experiencing on a special occasion. Vision Restaurant is a 5 star dining experience in SL. The staff went the extra mile to make the nite perfect. It is temporarily closed for remodeling but Yasmin Lapointe, co owner, tells me that the perspective reopen date is 11/15/11. I will update you when that time comes with a landmark and, I am sure, some great pictures, considering the awesome work they do here.
Yasmin is also one of the people I met at Vision Restaurant almost a year ago that "went the extra mile". What a small world! She is just as helpful and charming now as she was then.
 Envision also boasts their own architecture university; Envision Design Architecture University(EDAU) . From the information I read, it sounds like some serious training. It has been operating 18 months and almost finished with their third graduating class. The university was started by Ray with the desire to share his knowledge and it sounds like they are really enjoying watching their students grow. The tuition costs are all inclusive. If the quality of training is equal to the quality of the creations they produce at Envision, then it's worth every linden.
Yasmin was kind enough to give me a walk thru of a project in progress at the EDAU. The commitment of the instructors and the students is clear by the progress you see. Below is the landing point for EDAU lobby. When they are accepting applications, this is where they will be, but Yasmin Lapointe and Ray Hoffman are the points of contact for any questions you have.
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Envision%20Blvd/121/18/26
 I saw in Ray's profile picks something about "Build your Dream house with Envision Decor
Builds starting at 1000L & Up". I am a fairly good builder that just needs some work on some finer points.
But I often buy other peoples creations because they inspire me. Yet my love of art and architecture; I am never satisfied for very long with any one house. Possibly here is my solution, somewhere between me and Envision.

No comments:

Post a Comment